So after meeting Paul last weekend (the Countesthorpe Lure Angler) I started doing a little research on Lure Fishing as another approach to my canal predator fishing.
Lure Fishing is something I've never really tried before other than one attempt with a spinner as a youngster on a Fen Drain which ended with me being bitten off by a Pike as I had no idea I needed a wire trace! As the years have flashed by and I've become a Fly Fisherman (of sorts) the idea of Lure Fishing has started to appeal greatly to me as it's so similar in it's attributes to Fly Fishing, active, travelling light and always on the move while searching the water with an artificial lure, very similar really when you think about it? So, today I picked up my first Lure rod, a Middy 30Plus Radar 8' Lure rod which I'm hoping to christen on the local canal very soon.
I intend to concentrate on my Fly Fishing for Pike, Zander and Perch on the canal but will also be taking along the Lure rod on my trips just to keep my options open and hopefully pick up a new fishing skill along the way.
I'll keep you posted, I'm thinking there may be exciting times ahead.......


No comments:
Post a Comment